Dedications

Allison United Methodist Church dedication ceremony, 1958

Bishop J. Hesley Ford (Class of 1927) preaches during the dedication of the William Clare Allison United Methodist Church in April 1958.

Alumni from Class of 1895 standing in Gateway

During the dedication of the Class of 1895 Gateway, alumni gather for the ceremonies.  The gateway is located at the corner of West and Louther Streets and was dedicated during Alumni Weekend in 1930.

Winfield Clinton Cook, 1990

Winfield Clinton Cook, a member of the Class of 1932, at the dedication of the Winfield C. Cook room on January 19, 1990.

Denny Hall dedication ceremony, 1984

President Samuel Banks standing at the podium during the dedication ceremony of Denny Hall.

Drayer Hall dedication ceremony, 1952

View of the Drayer Hall dedication ceremony on May 1, 1952.

Gateway dedication during Class of 1895 Reunion

View as a group of alumni gather for the Class of 1895 Gateway dedication.  This gateway is located at the corner of West and Louther Streets and was dedicated during Alumni Weekend in June 1930.

Benjamin D. James Center dedication ceremony, 1987

Benjamin James ('34) unveils the plaque during the dedication ceremony of the Benjamin D. James Center on October 17, 1987.

Benjamin D. James Center dedication ceremony, 1987

View of the dedication ceremony for the Benjamin D. James Center on October 17, 1987. Benjamin D. James ('34) is at the podium.

Kline Center dedication ceremony, 1980

President Sam A. Banks, Joseph T. Simpson, Daniel F. Tully, and trustee William S. Masland revealing the plaque for the Kline Life/Sports Learning Center on October 25, 1980.

Kline Center dedication ceremony, 1980

President Samuel A. Banks speaking at the dedication ceremony for the Kline Life/Sports Learning Center held on Saturday, October 25th, 1980 during Homecoming Weekend.

McKenney Hall dedication, 1973

Mr. W. Gibbs McKenney ('39) and his wife Florence Rea McKenney stand in the courtyard of the newly finished McKenney Hall during the dedication ceremony on October 13, 1973. President Howard Rubendall ('31), who presided over the event, stands to...

Wildlife Center dedication, c.1995

President A. Lee Fritschler (center), with help from Professor Janet Wright (on left) and Vice President and Treasurer Michael Britton, snips the ribbon at the dedication of the wildlife center field laboratory around 1995. Professor Candie...

Witwer Hall dedication, 1967

The Witwer family pose for a photo at the Witwer Hall dedication in 1967.

Subscribe to Dedications